Often it feels as if there are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done, especially for parents of young and school-going children. Here are some sensible tips and shortcuts for planning and making the most of the hours that are available. By getting organised, and thinking ahead, it is possible to streamline many activities and get everybody out of the door on time.
- Plan ahead for the week, and plan ahead for the next day. Online and printed calendars can help keep you up to date.
- Set out clothing and school snacks the night before, so you don’t have a mad rush in the morning.
- Put sports equipment or musical instruments in the car the night before.
- Make sure all bags are packed and ready to go, preferably at the front door.
- Keep an emergency backup kit in the car – nappies and extra clothing if kids are small, and sports clothes if they are bigger. Also snacks and water.
- Get a gift box or drawer – kids get invited to a steady stream of parties, and buying in bulk will make your life that much easier.
- There’s nothing wrong with having a weekly meal time pattern. Shop and cook ahead for the week if possible. Routine is your friend.
- We love shopping for groceries online. Not only do you save time, but you prevent those checkout tantrums and impulse buys.
Read the full article here