How do we choose the best and most appropriate apps for our children’s age and developmental stage?
Good apps are well designed and functional, with easy and intuitive navigation. For little ones, instructions should be verbal, not only written. Bad apps, on the other hand, can be confusing and difficult to navigate and often crash and have errors.
Watch out for:
- Intrusive and distracting adverts
- In-app purchases and upgrades that are necessary in order to unlock different levels or game credits
- Apps that continually try to access the web or take your child out of the app environment.
- Apps that constantly freeze or crash
- Apps that don’t match their app-store description
- Apps that are just badly designed, with no uplifting or engaging content
We would love to know what your kids are playing with at the moment. Share your experiences with us, and let us know what you look for when downloading apps.
Read the full article here